Skip to main content
- Only authorized individuals should install or maintain high-pressure hydrogen systems.
- Access to the hydrogen dispenser should be limited to trained operators. Administrative controls are appropriate for many installations; others prefer key or code access restrictions.
- Hydrogen-specific emergency response actions should be incorporated into the existing facility emergency response plan.
- Maintenance on high-pressure hydrogen systems should follow hazardous energy isolation practices (i.e., lock-out, tag-out).
- Smoking or open flames should not be allowed in the refueling area.
- The following checks should be made prior to commencing a filling operation:
- A leak check of the entire dispenser
- An instrument check
- Another leak check after connection to an industrial truck