Emergency response signs containing the information below should be posted in all areas where hydrogen is stored or used.
In the event of an emergency, perform the following actions:
- Warn others of the adverse conditions.
- If it is safe to do so, isolate the flow of any flammable gases.
- Evacuate the facility and remain at a safe distance. Be available to provide relevant information to emergency responders regarding the nature of the emergency, the location of hazardous materials, etc.
- Call for emergency response (typically use a phone to dial 911).
- State your location (facility name, address, phone number, nearest cross streets, and location where emergency vehicles should enter the facility).
- Briefly describe the nature of the emergency (e.g., fire, explosion, medical).
- Describe specific injuries or damages.
- Stay on the line until the 911 dispatcher instructs you to hang up.