Personnel should have the right tools and training as well as sufficient time and budget to perform their maintenance activities.
To maintain a successful preventive maintenance program, management should:
- Stress the importance of preventive maintenance.
- Assign competent people to the maintenance team.
- Provide continuing training and retraining.
- Provide necessary resources, including appropriate personal protective equipment for the maintenance activity.
- Analyze and publish the results and impacts of the maintenance and testing program. For example, "Maintenance identified that sensor brand XYZ is a poor performer, so only ABC brand will be used from now on."
Lesson Learned Reference