Hydrogen Gas Explosion in Municipal Refuse Incineration Facility

First Name
Andy
Last Name
Piatt

An explosion occurred in a 90-ton-per-day incinerator at a municipal refuse incineration facility. Three workers were seriously burned by high-temperature gas that spouted from the inspection door, and one of them died 10 days later. The accident happened during inspection and repair of the furnace ash chute damper. The workers injected water to remove some blockage, and the water reacted with incinerated aluminum ash to form hydrogen, which caused the explosion.

Subscribe to Municipal Refuse Incineration Facility