Type of Publication
Year of Publication
Major Auto Manufacturers' Activities and Plans for FCEVs
- 2010-2013: U.S. demo fleet of 100 vehicles
- 'FCHV-adv' can achieve 431-mile range &68 mpgge
- 2015: Commercialize cars at <$100K
- Clarity FCX named 'World Green Car of the Year'; EPA certified 72mpgge; leasing up to 200 vehicles
- 2015: Launch all-new fuel cell electric model sequentially in Japan, U.S. and Europe.
- Plans for tens of thousands of FCEVs/year in 2015-2017 and hundreds of thousands a few years after
- Partnership with Linde to develop fueling stations.
- Moved up commercialization plans to 2014
- General Motors
- >120 vehicles deployed since 2007 in Project Driveway
- 2012: Technology readiness goal for FC powertrain
- 2012-2013: 2000 FCEVs/year
- 2015: 10,000 FCEVs/year
- 'Borrego' FCEV has achieved >340-mile range.
- Expanded demo fleet to 24 FCEVs in CA
- Recently reconfirmed commitment to FCEVs
- SAIC (China)
- SAIC Motor Company is planning 20-30 prototypes in 2013 and >1,000 FCEVs in 2015.
- Commercial FCEVs planned for 2016. FCEVs are key part of 'Nissan Green Program'. Announced strategic partnership with Daimler on FCEVs.
- Fielding a fleet of “F-Cell” vehicles in the U.S. 40 currently leased with another 20 on the way.