Throughout the operating lifetime of a hydrogen system, checklists are a recommended approach for workers to ensure and document that the personnel, transfer and storage, and examination and inspection requirements of the system are met.
The checklist should:
- Include specific equipment used in the system or in the facility
- checklist items might include, for example, valve position (open or closed) during a transfer operation and PPE worn by personnel
- checklists should also confirm that leak detection and fire alarm systems are in working order and that maintenance records are up to date
- Require that specific safety-related operations are completed and parameters are within safe limits
- for example, quantities of materials used in the system should be reviewed and documented in the checklist